Volunteer Agreement and Release From Liability
- As a volunteer, I understand that I control the dates and times when I do the work and that Green Impact Campaign (GIC) is not responsible for scheduling my volunteer work. I also understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
- I am aware that participation as a volunteer will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
- If any injury or loss to another does occur due to the volunteer’s intentional actions or due to the volunteer’s negligent actions arising outside of the scope of the volunteer’s activities, the volunteer must accept the liability for and repair, or make reparations for, the harm done.
- As consideration for volunteering for GIC, I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue neither GIC or their employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of their officers, employees, agents, or contractors of GIC as a result of my volunteering. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE GIC AND THEIR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT.
- I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF THE PROJECT, I AM NOT COVERED BY GIC’s WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAMS. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.